019: Why You Need to STOP Growing A Following
WHY YOU NEED TO STOP GROWING A FOLLOWING
It's no secret that utilizing reels is a great way to grow your account. The popularity of reels has been growing ever since it's introduction to instagram in 2020 and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. Just like me you have likely seen many accounts who have grown tens (sometimes even 100s) of thousands of followers within months. Which makes it that much more enticing to hop aboard the reels train to grow your audience.
Here's the thing...Contrary to popular belief, having more followers doesn't always equate to making more money. It's not to say that it can't happen, it definitely can..but ONLY if you are focused on growing a TARGETED audience and not just any audience.
Which is why in this episode we are diving into:
- the dangers of going viral on social media
- the difference between followers and having a targeted audience
- why growing a targeted audience is more important than having more followers
- how to use reels to target your ideal clients
- what to focus each piece of your content on to convert your audience to buyers
- the three main areas to focus on to grow trust within your followers
- how to get more engagement on your reels
- 5 components to increase the chances of your reel going viral
Reminder: our content is made for our ideal clients, NOT US! There is nothing worse than going viral with a piece of content that attracts people who aren't your ideal clients. Focus on how you are going to serve your community FIRST and worry about going viral later and I promise you will go viral sooner than you expected!
🎧 Thanks for listening! 🎧
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me @iamjesskwasny! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
CONNECT WITH JESS: